Mina Jama has been appointed as A.Y.E. Director – Investments, Innovation & Partnerships.
This announcement was made through a press release at our head office in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Mina has over 15 years of experience in Science and Technology, in various leadership and entrepreneurial roles. During this time, she led public-private partnerships and clinical research projects supporting national strategies in health promotion and chronic disease prevention, with focus on immunology and lifestyle medicine.
Mina is currently pursuing a DBA in Innovation to support the advancement of science and humanity. She holds a Global MBA in Strategy and Investments from the University of Manchester. Prior to that, Mina has been trained as a biologist with research in Diabetes, HIV/AIDS, Clinical Neuroscience and Cardiovascular Diseases.
Mina has also participated in and has been a key member of a variety of equity, diversity and inclusion initiatives and organizations over the course of her professional career. They include:
* Member, Strategic Task Force, Canada-UAE Business Council, Dubai from 2021
* Participant, UN Global Compact Canada from 2019 to 2021
* Executive Secretary, Alliance Manchester Business School Alumni Association Middle East, Dubai from 2016 to 2019
* Managing Director, Obsidian Awards, Canada from 2013 to 2014
* Treasurer, Alberta Women’s Science Network, Canada from 2008 to 2014
As a Director of the organization, her role is to drive strategy, planning and execution of investment, innovation and partnership opportunities and to continue to position the organization for local and international collaborations amongst others.
A.Y.E celebrates with Mina Jama on this new appointment.