At Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs, we relate our success directly to the strength of our management team. To continue operating at our high standards, we’re seeking an experienced general manager to join us. As an ideal candidate, you’ll be a born and trained leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, marketing, finance, and communications departments, too. You’re an expert communicator with a strong ability to delegate responsibilities and collaborate across a wide range of departments. Ultimately, you’re driven by the desire to lead a team toward maximum productivity and efficiency. It is simple, you always get the job done promptly & accurately that produces the desired and agreed results for the Organization.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Facilitate recruitment, onboarding, and training of high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives while working closely with the HR department and the management team.
- Ensure prompt and accurate completion of task. Always meet target
- Facilitate in providing the necessary resources for productivity and effectiveness of the team and of various department
- Develop strategies in simplifying complex task for the team and ensuring they are achievable
- Create a performance improvement plan where necessary
- Know how to leverage on team strengths in achieving productivity and experience while you work on their weaknesses
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fulfill them
- Delegate responsibilities to the best employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Be responsible for the growth of the organization, this includes; revenue generation, progress and expansion.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Strong decision-making capabilities
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop, maintain and present financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
- Proven study of business/project management or related field
- Previous performance evaluation experience
- Working knowledge of human resources processes
- Public speaking, sales & marketing, finance & accounting skills
- Flexibility to manage other roles temporarily especially when a team member is either off work or on leave.
- Willingness and ability to work in Akure, Ondo state and relocate if currently living outside the city.
Nature of Job: Full Time