Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs has a long history of engaged, productive employees, and we’re looking for a Human Resources (HR) officer to continue that happy tradition. The ideal candidate should have prior experience in HRM or Talent Recruitment and Management, with a thorough understanding of current HR policy and procedures. The bulk of the role will not be limited to recruitment & selection but will involve coordinating, directing and supervising all the activities of human resources functions for Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs Organization, subsidiaries and relations. The role will not be limited to employee management, orientations, benefits administration, compensation, rewards, and conflict resolution, policy and processes, hiring & firing but there is also an opportunity for developing and refining systems & structures. We are looking to engage an HR officer who easily connects with people and has a detail-oriented mindset to handle the changing nature of the workforce and workplace.
- Ensure proper documentation and filing of company materials, policy, handbook and every necessary employee’s document
- Support departments in the development and delivery of strategic HR plans to fit with the overall business direction
- Plan, monitor, and appraise HR activities by scheduling management conferences with employees, hearing and resolving employee grievances, training managers to coach and discipline employees, and counseling employees and supervisors
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees and their role in relation to the overall vision
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Build strong relationships with external suppliers, fostering trust and promoting collaboration
- Develop KPI for team and facilitate completion of task by department and by team
- Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop a plan to fulfill them
- Create structures to ensure HR functions are impeccable and preferably automatedly carried out for proper reporting.
- Monitor compliance to the company’s policy and principles
- Handle confidential matters with discretion
- Coordinate weekly meetings and management meetings
- Scout, recruit, select, train quality employee and fire non performing team members
- Maximize resources and eliminate waste incurred by staff
- Recommend staff leave days, sick leave and other opportunities
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in HR
- Detail-oriented and organizational nature
- Understanding federal HR laws, policies and systems
- Familiarity with HR software and working knowledge of MS Office
- Exceptional communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Understanding of the Oath of secrecy and confidentiality
- Adept to problem-solving, conflict resolution and management
- Versatility to stand in as an ad-hoc staff when needed
- Flexibility to manage other roles temporarily especially when a team member is either off work or on leave.
- Willingness and ability to work in Akure, Ondo state and relocate if currently living outside the city.
Nature of Job: Full Time