The internet continues to develop at great speed, and Africa’s Young Entrepreneurs remain on the cutting edge with exceptional technological platforms used for its operations and visibility. We rely on IT systems to power the solutions that help us run business operations and ensure visibility around the world. We are seeking an experienced IT personnel with a software development skill to join us on this journey, using his or her technological skills to make us more efficient. The ideal candidate is a talented tech enthusiast with extensive technical knowledge and expertise of computer hardware and software and network maintenance who can work alongside a team and independently in the creation, maintenance, and updates of websites, oversee our current systems and assets, assist with upgrades and fixes, provide training and support—as needed and other IT needs.
- Install, configure, and support workstation software, hardware, printers, and phones
- Analyze staff needs, identify vulnerabilities, boost efficiency and accuracy
- Execute system and network administration, design, documentation, implementation, and testing., ensuring components meet needs and work together seamlessly
- Implement applications and software upgrades, as well as performance troubleshooting
- Train employees on both software and hardware, troubleshoot, and provide technical support when needed
- Implement and monitor regular file backups to local directories for recovery
- Design and build tools and frameworks to automate development, testing deployment, management and monitoring of the company’s 24×7 services and products
- Perform UI designs and coding, creating reusable objects and templates, wireframes for web pages and email templates; manage maintenance, updates, expansions, and scaling of each design
- Build, manage and upgrade eCommerce platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, software engineering, computer engineering or related field
- Experience in planning and developing websites across multiple products and organizations
- Working knowledge of web applications, programming languages, and web services.
- Proficiency with content management systems, including WordPress and Drupal
- Dedication to innovative, sophisticated designs and collaborative problem solving
- Working experience in Windows and Linux environments
- Working experience in the development of Apps and Websites without the use of templates
- Working experience in front and back end development and project synchronization.
- Experience with eCommerce
- Proven success in a project coordination role
- Experience implementing and using modern web development workflows and operations using a variety of tools including GitHub
- Willingness and ability to work in Akure, Ondo state and relocate if currently living outside the city.